Saturday, August 22, 2009

Just like everyone else - behind on blogging

Man, I can't believe it has been so long since I blogged. It feels like yesterday! I guess I am just like everyone else, getting ready for school and fall and wrapping up summer.

Things are good here. I am just really tired. I go to the dr three times a week for either an appointment, a Non Stress test, an ultrasound, or a combination of the three. Seeing Corey so often is so special. I can't believe we are 2 1/2 weeks away from being a family of 4. I can honestly say I have never been as tired as I am right now. I know it will be more when Corey comes, but this is the max I have hit. Dr. Owen is really on me to conserve my energy and stay off my feet when I am not at work. I have missed lots of fun things over the past two weeks, but I am trying to do what is best for Corey.

So here are the highlights from the past two weeks:

1. Carley is still doing pretty well at her new place. Drop off in the morning has been rough. I am not going to lie. She says and does lots of things that break my heart and make me cry about leaving. I can see her on the video and approximately 2 minutes after I leave she is happy and has a wonderful day. She loves it there, she just doesn't like being left. I think a lot of it has to do with the baby and the fact that we were together so much over the summer. I cannot say enough great things about the place and the care she gets while she is there though! Here she is on her scooter on the first day.
2. She is back in dance/gymnastics as well and still loves it. She is so cute and proud in her class. I love watching her. Here she is on her first day. She wanted to wear the tutu from the dollar spot at Target on the way. Thanks to April and Kyler for the leotard. It is her FAVORITE! This is also another day that her teacher redid her hair at school. You can also see she wanted to pose for one of the picts.

3. I start teaching at LCU on Monday nights this fall. First session is Monday. I am looking forward to it. It is about 2/3 online and 1/3 face to face and this is my 4th time to teach the class. Hopefully I am not insane for doing this during the fall that Corey is coming.

4. I just finished a book called "Firefly Lane". It was a great read. Thanks Kristen for letting me borrow it. It is a great read that feels like a chic flick.

5. I am ready for good TV to return. I am tired of reruns and reality. Bring me back to my favorites.

6. Did I mention I am tired?Hope you are all doing well. Sorry I am behind on your blogs and catching up with you.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

You look so cute; can't wait to see the little man! Love the pics of Carley. Rest, rest, rest!

Nicole said...

2 weeks!?!?! You are so close! That is really exciting and I can't wait to see Corey's sweet face.

Did I read correctly? You're tired of reality tv? Bite your tongue...I think that is un-American. :-)

Kristen OQ said...

Can't believe it is so close to Corey being here! I am so excited to hear about his arrival, what he looks like, etc.

Glad you liked Firefly Lane too. I picked up another one of Kristin Hannah's books at 1/2 price books the other day. It is still sitting on my nightstand, so I will pass it along too after I am done.

Stay off your feet and get some rest!

Anonymous said...

Carley looks great in the leotard. I would pay just for someone to do Kyler's hair everyday. That's awesome!

April

Shanta said...

Rest up mommy, you will need it! We are thinking of you a lot and sending up prayers for a healthy baby boy. Kiss Carley for us!

Caroline said...

You are so close!! I'm so excited for your family and I can't wait to meet Corey.

Sorry about drop off issues. I've been there. You know they are fine, but it still stings.

Thinking of you!

summer said...

You are one busy Mama! I am so excited for baby Corey's arrival and know he is already loved by so many! Take care of yourself during these final weeks. Praying for a safe, healthy delivery and baby!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed