Friday, October 09, 2009

One Month


Just like everyone says, "How is it possible?" Corey is one month old today.

He is just precious. What a blessed month this has been! But, boy am I tired! ha!

One thing that I just love is that Corey has really fattened up over the last week. He is getting SO chunky with double chins and extra fluff in the cheeks. I love it!

In other random Ashley Nelson thoughts:

- Modern Family is a hilarious new show and it is worth watching. Who else is out there watching it?

-I also watch Glee, where I am pretty sure I was (or wanted to be) the brunette show choir girl star my entire high school career.

- Private Practice is getting too sad and hard for me to watch. Geez, easy on the drama!

- You know I love Grey's and the Office

- Speaking of the Office- last night's wedding was the Office at it's finest. Absolutely hilarious.

One other thing, I would appreciate some prayers for next week. I have to have an outpatient surgery next week on a stupid cyst by my tailbone. I am ready to get it removed, but dreading the procedure and the 2 week recovery. They say it is a painful surgery. I will be spending some quality time on my stomach over the next two weeks which should make rocking and nursing Corey interesting. I am just dreading another surgery when I just got over my C-Section. Anyway, festivities at the surgery place begin on Wednesday. I would appreciate prayers for a quick and easy recovery.


Corey hanging with his buddy Hayden who is exactly one week and 3 lbs lighter than him. :)
This picture makes me laugh. They look like an old married couple. Carley loves to read to Corey. Clearly he is enthralled in the process and storyline.


My chubby, hungry little caterpillar

12 comments:

Jodi said...

So So SOOOOOO precious!!!

Another surgery!?!?!? YUCK! SO sorry. Yes, prayers. :)

Tiffany said...

The shirt and tie slay me. He's too cute for words. I'll be praying the surgery goes well and you are not too uncomfortable:)

Alisa Palmer said...

oh my gosh, I am pretty sure I had the same cyst surgery in high school - did they say it was a pilonidal cyst? If you have a good doc (which you will) you'll just have to change the bandage a couple times a day but you will be getting around fine - I will pray - those things HURT and make it hard to walk - mine was right where the spine meets the tailbone in that little space - SUCK!

Office was indeed at its finest

The Speck family said...

What adorable kiddies~ I am loving Corey's little tie outfit. I will be praying for your upcoming surgery and hope the recovery is short!!!

Alyssa said...

That first picture of Corey... cracks me up!!! I love that guy!!! Yes... you were meant to be on Glee.

courtney said...

oh my heavens--love corey's little tie and button-down. i've always loved a guy in a suit! :)

b/c of your suggestion, i watched modern family this week. i loved it!! i COMPLETELY related with the costco part! so funny!

will be praying for you next week. sorry you have to have another surgery. :(

Ashley said...

Hey Alisa, SO funny that it is a pionatal (sp?) cyst. Sadly, I have had the surgery you are talking about 3 times to make it go away, but it keeps coming back, so they are doing a bigger surgery where it goes down really deep. It is funny that you had the same issue in High School! :)

Alisa Palmer said...

I am not going to publish your comment simply because I don't want my clients knowing I'm all cysty. :)
BUMMER that you've had the surgery 3 times - that sucks. Mine was kind of a worst-case scenario story and I'll have to tell you about it sometime. I'll pray for this one to be the last one!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Corey is so handsome! LOVE the tie! We are big fans of modern family...LOVE IT! And of course the office. The wedding show was great! You will be in my prayers on Wed...hope you have a speedy recovery!

Stephanie Torresi said...

What adorable pics! I'll be praying that your surgery goes well and that you won't be in too much pain afterward. Thinking of you and love you!

laura jo said...

i LOVE modern family. it's hilarious. good luck with your surgery. mwah!

Amy said...

Someone super cool must have given Corey that awesome tie shirt! :) I loved getting to hug you both the other day. Miss you!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed