Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Halloween pictures and my surgery recap

So several have asked, especially my facebook friends, about my surgery and what happened. Well, I knew I was having a cyst removed off my tailbone area. I was thinking it would be about a 2-4 inch scar with a handful of stitches. My surgeon warned me it was a rough surgery, but I just didn't think it would be this bad. My scar is 11 inches and I have over 40 stitches. I have been unable to sit, only lay on my side, my stomach, or stand. As you can imagine, as a breastfeeding mom of a newborn who eats every 3 hours, this has been quite a challenge. Also, after surgery my milk supply dropped significantly. I am working on getting it back. You will not believe the pictures of my surgery. They are crazy. I am not going to post them on facebook and my blog, but if you want to see a scarred butt, email me and I will send them to you. :) I was hoping to get the stitches out on Tuesday, but they aren't ready yet so I go back next Tuesday. So far I haven't driven or anything. I am about to have to start putting more pressure on it and coming off my pain meds so I can be a more functional mom, especially while Cody is at work. It really threw me for a loop and has been very discouraging. Luckily the surgery was a success and I am on the road to recovery....it is just quite a longer road than I thought. Literally, this has been the most pain I have ever experienced.

On a lighter note, I did get Corey's one month and the kids Halloween pictures made before my surgery. They are both so sweet. I love seeing them dressed up. Doesn't Carley look funny with black hair?

12 comments:

Jennifer K said...

You had major surgery and they told you at least TWO weeks on your face! And you have done so much more! So give yourself some credit and see how far you have come! You are doing great. It is amazing that you still have the rest of your family at your house, I would have sent them packing to Grandma's! So take it a day at a time and know that you are doing a good job!

And Carley with Black hair is so cute!

Luft Family said...

I love the Halloween pictures! Too cute! I hope you feel better very soon. You have been through alot!

courtney said...

ASHLEY!! I had no idea you were going through all of that. I remember you saying something about a "procedure" but didn't know you were having something done that would prevent you from sitting!

Do you need help with anything?

Nicole said...

Sending good thoughts your way, but trying real hard not to think about your scarred butt. :-) And, no, I can not imagine breastfeeding while not being able to sit...that's horrible!

I love putting my kids in wigs. It is a true joy of my life.

Jodi said...

Oh my GOODNESS I had no idea you had been through so much!!! I was thinking little cyst surgery and that would be that. WRONG! And I am SO sorry!!!!! From someone who has dealt with her fair share of surgeries and pain meds... I don't know HOW you are doing it with a preschooler and a newborn! So, you are AMAZING! And again, SO SORRY! Hang in there, SuperWoman. And really, HOW do you nurse that sweet boy dealing with all this??? I'll be praying about the milk supply... been through that rollercoaster too and it is traumatic. Keep me posted. LOVE YOU!!

Phillips Family said...

I hope you start to feel better soon! What a brave mama you are...taking on surgery and two kiddos all at the same time.

I love, love, love Carley's black hair. Does she get a kick out of seeing herself in the mirror with the wig on?

PrEsToNs said...

those pics r absltly adorable! luv it!
u r so tuff!! I wouldnt know what to do....hope u get to flg btr soon!!
carley has to come over soon!!

Kelli said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! Surgery of any kind is never fun, but this one sounds especially awful! The good news is, your kids are ADORABLE! I have never seen such a cute giraffe in my life, and Carley is a PRECIOUS Snow White!

Amy said...

I'm so sorry, friend! I wish I was there to help!

Shanta said...

Feel better soon! Those pictures are fantastic!

annalee said...

ouch! i am so sorry you had to go through this. i hope the recovery continues well.
and as for those costumes... adorable!

Allison said...

Oh Ashley...I just read about your surgery and cannot believe all that you have been thru!! I hope you are feeling much better. What a recovery you have had to endure!!

Love the pictures of your kids. They are soooo precious!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed