Thursday, November 12, 2009

Some New Carley Stories

Here are some new Carley stories, just to document for me how funny, smart, crazy, and silly my girl is

1. I got a haircut. I picked Carley up from school and she said, "Mom, did you get a hair cut?" I told her I did and she said, "Well, I love you, but I do not like your choice. You need to take some time to think about this before you do it again." Nice.

2. We went to Chick Fil A on Saturday night and Carley walked up to the counter and ordered a "Venti Apple Juice". Apparently she has spent too much time at Starbucks with her Daddy.

3. Tonight at dinner, I cooked breakfast food and Carley and Cody wanted milk to drink. So I poured them both a glass. The milk had an expiration date of the day before so I figured we were safe. Well, they both took drinks and let me know it was bad. I felt really awful. So they got waters for dinner. When Cody sat back down for us to eat, Carley asked to say the prayer. This is what she said, "Dear God, please help Mommy not to buy milk that is yucky again. Please help her to buy that milk that will make me big and strong and not make my tummy hurt. Bless her to never do this again. It was a bad mistake. Help her to do better. In Jesus Name, Amen". Cody laughed hysterically.

4. After dinner tonight Cody went to our church to do some work so I put the kids down by myself. Usually when this happens, Cody is at the station. So when Carley said her good night prayer, this is what she said, "Dear God, please help me to grow big and strong so I can be a firegirl with my dad. Help us to help people and fight fires and drive the truck. Let me be a firegirl so we can be together every night. In Jesus Name, Amen". How sweet is that?

5. I cooked chicken the other night and Carley said, "This is SO delicious. It is very French." Cody and I got tickled and we asked her what "French" meant and she said, "It means....very good".

6. Carley is obsessed with the fact that Cody and I are married. She loves to ask questions about where we got married, why we got married, and all the details. This morning she was getting dressed and she said, "Mom, did you wear panties to your wedding?" I told her I did. She asked if they were "lovely white, with ruffles, bells, and bows". I laughed and told her I didn't own any panties with bells, ruffles, or bows. She is SO disappointed.

7. She and Corey went to the pediatrician this week for his 2 month well check and her flu shot and cough. Carley was totally chatting up Dr. Landry, which was funny. When Dr. Landry opened Corey's diaper, Carley pointed and said, "This is part of his bottom lets him pee standing up. My bottom didn't come with one of those".

That is my girl. I could write a million of these stories. Is it the weekend yet?

21 comments:

Laura said...

It's just like Ashley...only smaller. Sitting here reading these stories makes me miss you, girl! I LOVE these- keep 'em coming!

bethany said...

What a riot!

cmjj said...

Oh goodness!!!! I agree, a little Ashley!!!!!!!! So so funny, I need the laugh ;)

The Hart's said...

Oh my gosh, Ashley, those stories are priceless! I love it! Thanks for the good laugh tonight!

Jennifer K said...

Never a dull moment in the Nelson house. And WOW, you sure do a lot of cooking for having a newborn! When do we get the invite?! :)

The Speck family said...

Oh. my. word. That last one is just way too hilarious. What a sweet heart! I also loved her "french" comment~ classic.

Jessica said...

I hope our kids are half as funny as Carley. Maybe by then she'll be giving lessons?

Unknown said...

Carley is hilarious! I love reading stories about what she says.

Phillips Family said...

Hilarious!

Kristen OQ said...

She is one funny girl! Loved all the stories!

Carissa said...

Please keep these stories coming! They are hilarious!

Amy said...

WOAH -- I sure miss that girl!! Just to make Carley feel better I'll keep a lookout for some of those panties for you. She's seriously hilarious!

Luft Family said...

I must agree. You cook too much for having just had a kid and working full time...way to go! Carley is a hoot! :)

Jodi said...

HOLY cow!!! Hilarious! She is SOOOOO your daughter. I can't wait to read those to David!! :)

annalee said...

can't stop laughing at your girl!

Nicole said...

What? Didn't everyone wear panties with bells and ruffles to their wedding? I thought that was standard. :-)

Those stories are so, so, so funny!!!

Stephanie Torresi said...

These stories are so incredibly funny. The story about wedding panties made me laugh so hard that the water I was drinking when I read it came flying out. An absolute riot...and she also sounds like such a sweetie. I would agree with the others in that she sounds like a mini-Ashley. How wonderful.

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

All hilarious, but that last one is great! What a smart little girl.

Alyssa said...

Oh I LOVE that little girl!! She is so hilarious... just like her momma. I bet Nana is loving the payback that you are getting these days... i know I am! Love you!

Shanta said...

I'm so glad you documented these! I love it!

Robby and Lynsey said...

She absolutely kills me! Where does she come up with this stuff?!?

We will be in Texas during Christmas this year. Maybe we'll both be at Broadway on the same Sunday and I can meet Corey and you can meet Anna Kate. I think we'll be there the 20th. Hope to catch you!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed