Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 106:1

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:15-17

We all have SO much to be thankful for this year. We have a roof over our head, food to eat, and family to be with. God did not answer every prayer they way I wanted him to. He did not give me everything I ask for. He did not follow my plan for my life. Instead, He richly blessed me beyond measure, he prepared a place for me in Heaven, he taught be the beauty of being reliant on His daily bread, He asked me to rethink my priorities, my faith, my values, and my walk. How thankful I am to love a God who loves me more than I can imagine.

And bloggerland, I am thankful for you this holiday season. What a blessing it is to share our daily walks!

Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

mcjacobsjournal said...

Such beautiful words, Ashley. And, EXACTLY how I feel. This has not been the year I expected or hoped for, along with many others I know. But, even so, God is so good and has given us more of Himself in every way. And, for that I am so very thankful.

I'm also so thankful for you, my sweet and faithful friend. You have provided such strength for me and I appreciate you and your WHOLE sweet family.

Happy Thanksgiving Cores, O'Rears and Nelsons!

Amy said...

I'm always thankful for you, friend. What a crazy few years we've been through together -- and many more to come! I don't know what I'd do without you!

Shanta said...

Well said. I'm thankful for you too.

P.S. My word verification was "encha." Reminds me that I'm thankful for enchiladas.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed