Thursday, December 03, 2009

Thanksgiving Week in Pictures

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of family and friends. I am too tired to blog all about the week, but I can sum it up with these high points.

1. Alyssa's family was here for the week and it was WONDERFUL. She is just the best and her girls are so sweet, smart, and funny. My kids loved playing with hers.

2. Carley was sick most of the break. She had a double ear infection and a horrible cough. Poor girl did not feel good at all.

3. My dad brought home a RIDICULOUS turkey hat from work. I am totally okay with my sister inheriting it one day. The grandkids did love it though.

4. The week before Carley had her Thanksgiving feast at school. I told her she was a beautiful pilgrim and she said, "No mom, I am a bride". I told you she thinks all things white involve weddings and that she is obsessed with them.5. Mom gave the kids matching pajamas and reindeer. They were so cute in them. The 4 reindeer were named Peppermint, Jingle Bells, Buck, and Wedding Girl. I will let you guess which one was the name Carley gave to her white reindeer. (See #4)
6. The girls wore their feast costumes from school for thanksgiving dinner. Carley was a pilgrim (or bride), Lauren was an Indian, and Cam was a turkey. They were cute.

7. My family made fun of me for putting Corey in Carley's old "My First Thanksgiving" onesie. It was an 18 month. He looks so cute though!8. Obviously 2009 has been a very special year for us and I have so much to be thankful for....especially the addition of little Corey to our family. I am so blessed to be the mom to such sweet and funny kids.

9. You can read my sister's blog for MUCH better thoughts on this, but my mother's sister died in April. Her body was destroyed by cancer and it was her wish that she would be cremated and scattered at the farm where she grew up. It was my first experience with this and it was VERY special and meaningful. All but one of my cousins was able to return for this as well. This farm holds very special meaning for my family. It is a WONDERFUL place and full of memories. It was hand built by my grandfather. It has been empty for 12 years so it is sad to see it so empty, but it was special to be there with my family.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

So glad you had a happy thanksgiving. Let's lunch soon. I miss you!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed