Thursday, March 18, 2010

TUBES! :(


Little Corey got tubes on St. Patrick's day. His poor ears have really been bad. For the past couple of months he has had constant ear infections. Sweet baby. We are hoping this helps. Dr. Scolaro was super nice and reassuring. Everyone made it seem like it was no big deal and just routine. Corey did great. He was a fussy for the rest of the day, but nothing too horrible. He did not sleep good at all last night so I hope tonight is better. I can already tell improvement in his hearing.

Here is kind of a funny story:
At Dr. Scolaro's office the week before I was going over all of Corey's information with the nurse. She said, "Is there anything else we need to know before his surgery?" I said, "Yes, he is precious". She said, "Oh I know he is. All babies are." I said, "No, I want it written on his chart that he is precious and they need to take good care of him." She said, "Oh, okay." In her mind, I am sure she was thinking, that lady is crazy! Oh well.

So a couple of days later I went to preregister him at the surgicenter and the admissions lady said, "I see on his chart that he is precious?". I simply said, "Yes he is. Could you please make sure all who care for him know that." She said, "I am sure you will tell them all. " And I did.

Yep, I am that neurotic mom, and YES, my baby is precious!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Ohhhh, I love that you had them write your baby is precious on his chart!!! And YES he is!!!! What a sweet mommy you are!!

I hope these tubes help and he starts feeling better!!!

I have enjoyed all of your updates, Ashley!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed