Saturday, October 23, 2010

Make A Difference Concert

Cody and I went on a date to the Make a Difference Concert last night. If this concert is coming to your area, you need to go. It was a WONDERFUL night of worship. Max Lucado spoke. Toby Mac, Third Day, and Michael W. Smith performed. It was really wonderful and encouraging. Here were some of my favorite parts.

- Toby Mac used to be in DC Talk so he sang a couple of old school DC Talk songs. It was so funny and brought back lots of memories of their concerts. Jesus Freak!
- Cody's favorite band is Third Day and he loves Mac Powell. He has always wanted to see them in concert and he finally got to do that. It was so powerful to hear those songs live.
- Michael W. Smith did some really cool stuff. He started off with some old songs that made me tear up. He literally opened with Friends Are Friends forever. All the times I made fun of that song went away and it really was so cool. He also sang My Place In This World. I remember listening to that song almost every day of my Senior Year of High School. It was so neat to get perspective on that sitting with my husband, thinking of our kids, and reflecting on how God has cared for me over those 15 or so years. Then he led in an amazing time of worship. I forget how many of my favorite worship songs were written by him. (Mighty to Save, Alleluia, Above All)
- Max spoke about God's love for us and the help he gives us and it was such a wonderful reminder.

I am so thankful for the concert and that my parents kept the kids. It was my first night to leave Corey and also my first night in 13 1/2 months to sleep past 6:00!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed