Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Wonder Years


So there is a new station on our ATT UVerse that just appeared called the Hub. I found it because it has My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcakes daily which Carley likes. But the reason I like it because it has The Wonder Years reruns on it. I loved this show when I was a kid, but watching it as an adult, I have a new appreciation. It is HILARIOUS and really touching looking back at what those years were like. Anyway, if you get the Hub, you should record a couple of the reruns and see if you find the sentiments of the show even more true.

Here is Kevin Arnold's final voice over and I think it sums up why I like these reruns.
"Things never turn out exactly the way you planned. Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers, the next you're gone, but the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place, a house like a lot of houses, a yard like a lot of yards, on a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is, after all these years I still look back in wonder."

1 comment:

Hill Country Happenings said...

we just found the hub too for my little pony and strawberry shortcake - one thing I found funny was my little pony had an episode that was "to be continued" - you dont see that much anymore

fraggle rock is on the hub too but Ash wasnt into it yet

I loved the insight of the wonder years - I will have to find it

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed