Monday, August 29, 2011

Running on Empty

That is how I felt on Saturday. We spend so much time blogging about how "perfect" and hilarious life is, but sometimes I just feel like I am running on empty. Carley had a great first week of school. That has been nice not to worry about her and know she is happy and learning. The hardest part I am having is getting her there in the morning. Unlike most of my friends who are having a hard time getting out the door so early, I am having a hard time getting out the door so late! It is so hard to get there and then get to work. Cody has been a huge help, but man, it has been tough!

Then little Corey got a nasty virus on his throat. It is very similar to strep, but it is viral and not bacterial. He missed Thursday and Friday of school. He has felt awful! It hurts to swallow so he has not had his paci, drank enough, or eaten enough. Therefore he has not slept. OH the nights are awful. Poor guy. Cody and I are exhausted being up literally all night with him.

I am teaching at LCU again on Monday nights and I am loving it. It makes for a busy Monday, but I am glad I am doing it.

Then there are the various other things our family does, church, dance, extra shifts, commitees, committees, committees. :) I just feel spread thin and mostly just due to the missing sleep.

BUT today is a new day. We have a new week. Corey is feeling better. Carley is a pro at Kindergarten. I get to see a great friend this upcoming weekend. Cody is getting his things going, and all is well.

Running on empty is not fun, but those are the times prideful people like me remember that I don't have it all together, I need help, I fail often, and running the race is more important than winning!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad we are running the race together! Love ya!

Jodi said...

Hang in there, sweet friend. Praying you have a MUCH better week with MUCH needed rest!! :) Love you.

cmjj said...

Thanks for your honesty....believe it or not, it is refreshing. Just refreshing to know that I am not the only one struggling!! I hope you get some rest ASAP. I turn into a demon when I don't have enough sleep. I totally understand...and being a working mom is the hardest thing on the planet. The End. Love you friend. Are you still coming in October?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed