Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Can't forget

This was my facebook status this morning:

"3 years ago today we were dismissed form our infertility doctor, Dr. Jennifer Phy, because we were finally 12 weeks along with a healthy baby boy, our little Corey. That journey shaped us both in so many ways and changed our faith, prayer life, and reliance on God and our community of faith. To others this may not seem like a big deal, but to us it is monumental. For those that joined us on that journey, please stop and say a prayer of thanksgiving to the Creator who gave us Corey. And also thank you so much to Dr. Phy and her team who did the Lord's work on our behalf. We are so thankful for you!"



I feel weird in someways focusing on that journey and acknowledging the little milestones. However, in Biblical times when God did a miracle, they laid a stone or large rock or something to mark the place so when people passed, they knew God did a miracle there. I feel the same way about Corey. All children are such gifts and I am so very thankful for the way Carley entered our world. She is a miracle too. With Corey he just just took so much longer and we had miscarriages on the way and it just made us rely on God in a different level.


I am just thankful, humbled, and honored beyond words that God chose me to be the mother for Carley and Corey. My heart just overflows with joy and thankfulness.













1 comment:

Allison said...

I agree with you. I think it is so wonderful to look back and give thanks to what God has done. Otherwise what good are the trials we endure when we can't stop and thank God for how he carried us through?

You have such a great heart Ashely. I love how BIG you love. You always have. You have one beautiful family.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed