Thursday, February 23, 2012

An Update on My Corey Boy

The little guy is growing up really fast. I cannot believe he is almost 2 1/2! GULP! I feel like I do not blog enough about his growing body and all the new things he does. Part of that is because life is just busier with 2 kids and part of that is that he is BUSY! :) But, OH he is adorable and melts this Mommy's heart every single day!

- Corey LOVES to play pretend instruments. Every pot, bat, stick, and brush is a guitar. Every table, bed, bench, and fireplace is a piano. AND EVERYTHING is a drum! The funny thing about his drum sets is that he likes to put 3 or 4 things together and make a multilevel drum, like a drum set and goes to town on it.

- Corey is VERY protective of me. It really is the sweetest thing. If Cody is teasing me, tickling me, messing with me, etc, Corey will run in and stand between us and face his daddy, wrap his arms around me from behind and say, "No Dad! NO! You okay, Momma? You okay?" I love my little knight in shining armor.

- Corey throws loud, long, intense, and full out fits. When he is mad, there is NO question about it. This was where he ended up last night at Dairy Queen, and usually a couple of times a week. He ends up in a corner, somewhere, with his nose to the wall, screaming his head off. When he is done, he is very sorry and very sweet.

- Corey is a very smart cookie. People always tell us how amazed they are with his verbal ability or what he knows. He can say and sign anything. He knows his shapes, colors, and about half of his letters. He is really good with his songs and can sing them well. He also loves books and loves to memorize them!

-His favorite Bible story is when God talks to Samuel when Samuel is a little boy and Samuel thinks it is Eli. Corey always looks for this story and holds his little hand up to his hear and says, "Listen".

- Corey eats out of spite. He is not a great eater but if you threaten to eat his food to someone else or eat it your self he gets angry and stares you down while he eats. It is hysterical.

- I love this little guy wrapped in his towel. - Corey stays dry most of the time and only has to wear a pull up really because he does not like to poop in the potty. Some times he does okay, but others he does not had has no desire. I will probably tackle this really hard during Spring Break and get him in underwear all the time, but for now, I am pleased where he is at in his progress.

We love you, little man! You were worth the wait in every single way!

1 comment:

cmjj said...

OMG I love him!! He takes after his Aunt Marcy with music and his mom....well....nevermind ;) I love you friend!!!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed