Friday, May 18, 2012

Tearful Confessions




Our sweet Carley got caught telling a lie a few weeks ago. She stole 2 quarters from my room and took them to school to buy stickers. She told us that they money was for a nonprofit (an MS walk for poor kids) that combined money for the Children's Home and money for Multiple Schlorosis. Bless her heart. It all came out at the dinner table and as she confessed, her heart broke. She was so sad, so ashamed, so remorseful, and so repentant. I am not saying this to make light of what she did or to make a huge deal about it. She is 6 years old. She wanted stickers. She knew we would tell her no and she did it anyway. But I was struck by how much it affected her. She was so very sincere in her apology. Telling the truth is hard work. It is hard for her momma. It is hard for her. When she confessed to Cody I really saw the burden the lie was for her during the day. I can learn so much from her about honesty, about faith, and about repentance. I love, love, love, my sweet Carley girl.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed