Sunday, May 06, 2012

Bedtime Circus

Sometimes bedtime is tricky at the Nelsons.  One thing is that Carley is usually asleep before Corey.  I think Kinder wears her out and since she doesn't rest or take a nap she is pretty easy to slow down at night unless she is worried about something.   Then she keeps herself up scared for no reason, but that is a different blog.  :)   Corey really does not like to have both parents out of his sight.   He is our little, independent man, but only if he knows he is not alone.   These can make bedtime tricky, especially if Cody is working and I am by myself.   Now we have a pretty good routine though.  On nights Cody is gone, they both lay in Corey's bed for story time and prayer.  Then I tuck them both in their own beds, turn off the lights, turn on their sound machines, and leave their doors open.  I sit in the hall and sing over both of them in the dark.  I miss kissing them both individually as they are drifting to sleep, but this is a good way to keep it equal and transition them both. 

Tonight, these are the sweet faces I read to and they really could not have been more precious.  I am so thankful for these two sweet babies that are not looking like babies anymore.  (sniff)

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed