Sunday, July 12, 2015

NYC Day 2






On Sunday, we got up and went to the One Tower and the 911 Memorial.   We spent over 4 hours there and still did not see it all.  It was amazing.  The exhibit was overwhelming and heartbreaking and awe-inspiring.   I could have spent all day there, at the same time I had to stop looking at the items found because it was so sad.








 After the 911 memorial and museum, we went to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.  I absolutely loved the Statue of Liberty.  It was every bit as magnificent as I would have imagined.   We also had a great time on the ferry ride there and back.








 Ellis island was cool.   It was neat to think of our Lebanese ancestors coming over and starting fresh.   It was a beautiful, historic site.
 Then we ate dinner in Little Italy and headed back to Times Square.   We took a night tour of NYC and hit Brooklyn and several other areas.  It was cool to see!


After the night tour I stopped in the M & M store to get the kids a souvenir and I ended up knocking over a huge display of  hard plastic cups with hard straws.   It was so crazy and I was freaked out!  I ended up calling it the "M-sident" and didn't walk back in the store for the entire trip!



No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed