Thursday, September 22, 2005

5 years.....the fear is setting in & seasons greetings

First off, let me comment on this joyous, blissful season that I call "Seasons Greetings". This has nothing to do with the Christmas time festivites, but it is the time of year where my dear friends that have been on vacation for 3 months come home to me to fill me in and finish their stories. The friends I am most excited about seeing are Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. Some of other very special friends have already come home to me and they are Lost and Biggest Loser. Sadly, I am also finding a place in my heart for "My Fair Brady" and the beloved "Laguna". I have not been disappointed in one single reuinion yet and I have faith that Wysteria Lane and Seattle's Grace Hospital will not disappoint me either. Their new seasons are beginning so....Happy Season's Greetings everyone!

Now, for the deep truth. I have been receiving mailers for my big 5 year reunion of dear old ACU. I loved, loved, LOVED my time there and I cannot say enough wonderful things about it. (I think deep down I believed it was Ashley Core University) My sweet husband has already taken time off from the firestation for us to go. We have a hotel room ready. Who hoo! Yet, now I am starting to get nervous. What if I don't know anyone there or what if they forgot me? I have this vision of me walking into Siggie Breakfast and looking for a place to sit and not knowing anyone. There I stand with my tray searching and searching and feeling like a Junior High newbie on the the first day in the cafeteria. It makes me really nervous. So I ask you, cyberspacers, are any of you going? Will you save me a seat at the breakfast table?

8 comments:

Amy said...

Hey--at least Siggies is still a real club. GATA on the other hand has 17 pledges this year. I think the GATA breakfast would just give me heartburn! Sad state of affairs! Let's sit together at the reunion dinner! I'll protect Cody from the masses. I guess I'll have to hit Motherhood for something to wear.

Alyssa said...

what is "My fair Brady" about????

Ashley said...

Aly-- My Fair Brady is the reality series on VH1 that follows the love life of Christopher Knight (Bobby) and Adrienne who was the winner of the very first season of America's Top Model. They hooked up on the Surreal Life and now they are trying to make their relationship work while overcoming the daily dramatic obstacles of their lives. FYI he is like 50 and she is about 20. Nice.

Unknown said...

Ashley- you totally crack me up. Post some pics of your cute preggo self! We want to see you (and your man since we haven't met him)!!! Unfortunately we aren't coming for the big 5 year homecoming.....but if I somehow miraculously appear, I will save you a seat at breakfast.

Shanta said...

Ash- you shouldn't be nervous at all...everyone will be dying to check you and baby nelson-to-be! And as for the seat-saving, GPaty tells me that it's no dinner, but rather mingling and finger foods. (when she went to CPaty's five year...)what's up with that?

leslie said...

Girl, I was having the same fears! It's not my 5 year yet, but none of my Siggie roommates that I usually go to breakfast with are coming back. So, we can totally sit together! We can hold our trays with our heads held high b/c we have eachother! And we can even show them some back row Sing Song moves.

Amy said...

Dude--finger foods and mingling with no chair to anchor me in one spot and no program to structure the time--a shy kid's worst nightmare! Anyone worried about having to avoid people because you can't remember their names?! I'm scared!

Ashley said...

Okay Bowman and Murray,

We better stand together for at least a while so I can get lots of hugs from 2 of my favorite couples. Maybe Cody can wear his firman uniform, Ken can wear his Navy uniform, and Andy can wear scrubs and a white coat. Then we would be the thing to talk about.....It is all about statments.

Shunk/Speck- So sad you will not be there. SO SAD! It has been to long...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed