Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ahh....Estrogen

I love having gal pals. It seems like most of my life, I always had really close friends that were guys. I seemed to always have funny conversations with them and they always seemed to know how to make me laugh. It seemed like guys were lower maintenance and easier to understand. It doesn't mean I didn't have girl friends, but not really gal pals. You know the difference. In the past few years, I have really been blessed with gal pals. If you are reading this blog, you are a gal pal. The kind of girl who looks for humor in life and loves to point out the funny, quirky moments that make up our days. Girls who want to have happy days and really love to smile and love for their friends to smile. You are all my Phoebe's & Rachel's. My Bree's, my Gabrielle's, and my Lynette's. My Carol Vessey's and my Molly Hudson's. My Kelly Taylor's and my Donna Martin's. You are my sunny-side of life friends who are constantly provideing the joy and humor needed to make it through the day. I truly blessed and honored to be part of a bible study that meets on Monday night comprised of 9 of my gal pals. We are studying a book called "Creative Couterpart". Last night we studied the ever unachievable Woman of Virtue in Proverbs 31. That is one mighty gal pal. Well, one verse that popped out to me was verse 25 where "she is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come". Don't get me wrong. True gal pals are there for the rough days too. They are sincere and wonderfully supportive when the dark clouds arise. However, lately I have really appreciated the way my friends help me laugh about the future. I am a true worry wart at times. I take life way too seriously way too often. Life and my creative mind brings enough gravity to all situations. Praise the Lord for gal pals who bring light to dark days, find humor in swimsuit shopping, appreciate mood swings, support your addictions to reality TV and People magazine, and are always ready to go see a movie that was truly intended for girls at least 10 years younger than you! Where would we be without them?

6 comments:

April Carrasco said...

Yippy for girl movies for mostly black women 18 or younger. Also, what a tremendous way God blesses us with uniting us through His word. We are richly blessed!

April Carrasco said...

oh, and I can't forget People, without it where would we be?

Anonymous said...

Girlfriends are the BEST! I am so glad that you have found some good ones- they are true treasures....

p.s.- i love that you included Molly Hudsen and Carol Vessey from ED on your gal pal lift- that is why you are my sister and my gal pal :)

Jennifer K said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer K said...

I love Gal Pals! I am very thankful that you are one of them. We are ALL blessed by Monday nights. Who else would I talk with about my TV addictions and Celebrity gossip?

Shanta said...

AMEN! Well put Ashley...you're definitely a bright spot in my life. fo-sho.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed