Saturday, September 17, 2005

When it all comes crashing down....

Last night we were about to leave to hit the drive in and Casa Ole with 2 of my favorite people, Andy and Amy B., when I was installing a program from work on my home computer. Some of you may not know, but with my job one of my responsibilities is technical support and minor trouble shooting on our campus. I have become quite a computer pro/dork (you choose) in the past year and can fix just about anything now. The program was installed like a champ. I restarted my computer and then BAM, crashed. My operating system completely died on me. We left to go eat and see the Reese Whitherspoon and Mark (hottie from 13 going on 30) movie which was really cute. (not as cute as a pregnant Amy B., but cute) When we got home about 10:30 I called my trustee Dell Support pals and began the process of formatting my harddrive and erasing everything that had been done to this little lap top since August of 1999! We finally finished at 2:48 am, 9 technicians and transfers, and $107.56 later. To say I was a little hacked, frustrated, tired, grumpy, and sad is an understatement. It was not my finest hour.

Luckily for me, my life has Cody in it. My sweet husband waited up with me, brought me water, and kept giving me hugs until it was over. He had to be at work at 8:00 this morning, but he wouldn't leave my side because he knew I was disheartened. Granted I am a little hormonal these days, so it doesn't take much to touch my heart, (or set me off), but isn't that the blessing of life? Knowing that you may be tired and frustrated, but feeling blessed because God has provided you with people to accompany you on your journey. Blogging this week has reminded me of that. I have stumbled on blogs for people that I really do love that I have not seen in over 5 years. Reading their thoughts and catching up on their daily grind, blesses me along the journey. We are also so blessed to have been given some precious friends in the past 1-2 years that encourage me on a daily basis, yet still log in to my blog to throw some encouragement and happy thoughts at me just to brighten my day. Even when it all comes crashing down, we are blessed to have friends and family there to listen, care, hug, and even refresh you and get you ready for tomorrow's journey.

I hope your journey is blessed today.
Ash

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Ashley..... we ALL feel blessed by Cody--- because we know that you would be either calling me or Mom at 1:00AM....and now Cody has to deal with you :)

Seriously, i am glad that your computer is okay. computer problems are the worst!!!

Jennifer K said...

How wonderful that Cody sat by your side. Maybe I should learn something from Cody. I am not real good staying up past my bedtime (9:30!). He is a sweetheart and I am so glad that God placed y'all in our lives. Thanks for being you. We love you both so much.

leslie said...

Girl you are a computer genious! I would have just tossed it out the window. You have incredible patience!
I just saw my cousin in her yellow skirt! She is pledging this year. haha.

Shanta said...

Girrrrl. You have such patience! I could not have been on the phone w/ tech support more than half an hour. YOU'RE the champ. And kudos to Coco for sticking it out with you. You know he made some deposits in the love account...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed