Thursday, September 15, 2005

maternity clothes woes

So, my best store Tar-get' says it is having a sale on Maternity clothes. Off I go to spend some cash and get some t-shrits. That is all I want, T-shirts. I go to my beloved store and I was completely disappointed. Who wants see-thru, strapless, skin-tight maternity clothes. Maybe you are a size 2 or 4 and reading this thinking, "What other types of clothes are there?". Well, let me tell you, there are other sizes in the world and other body types. Noone needs to see clothes that tight on a pregnant body, at least my pregnant body. Things are shifting now in a weird way that only you who have experienced it can understand. Any-who, no purchases were made by me at Target. Instead, my cash went to the over priced, but reasonably made, Motherhood where a maternity t-shirt costs $15.00 instead of the normal $5.00, but there was not a see-thru, strapless, skin-tight shirt in sight. Am I alone in my pain???

8 comments:

Amy said...

In the words of the ever freakish but always talented Michael Jackson, "You are not alone...I am hear with you...". This may be painful to hear but we're taking a 2nd look at a house today--I don't want us to have any secrets between us!

Unknown said...

You crack me up! How fun that you will have a little girl running around soon! Travis smiled huge when I told him you guys were pregnant....you're gonna be such an awesome mom.

Shanta said...

First, let me say I love the name Carley. I'm trying to get Amy to name hers Charly (girl). Then your kids could be mistaken as sisters. Except for the likely height difference...I'm sorry you are having maternity clothes woes. But, hey what a blessing to be with child! And you will get to wear that $15 shirt over and over again with kiddos no. 2,3,4, and 5, so it's really an investment. TGIF.

leslie said...

Maternity clothes suck. End of story.

Jennifer K said...

I am sorry about the Maternity clothes. Motherhood seems like a great store. That is where Kim and I had a blast shopping. It is great when you are spending other people's money though. :)Maybe one day I will be able to shop there! And I agree with Shanta...you can wear them with kids 2,3, and 4....

Kristen OQ said...

Another blog I am going to have to start reading -- I feel like I know you so well already from Alyssa!

As for the maternity clothes, I am in total agreement -- none of them fit right no matter the price! Don't make the mistake I did the first time though...I dried a bunch of stuff and then it all didn't fit (or maybe that is the reason I gave as to why it didn't fit...the real reason might have been b/c I was as big as a house and outgrew them all!)

Glad you are bloggin!

Anonymous said...

so you're saying you haven't worn your coyote ugly shirt lately? hehe...i love you and i miss you!

Alyssa said...

This is one of the thousand ways that we are different... because I would be saying "YES!!!! I found a shirt for 15.00 instead of 30.00!!!"

Clint is probably sad sometimes that he didn't marry Scrooge!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed