Saturday, December 17, 2005

Happy Birthday, Dad - the luckiest winner of free stuff


Today is my Dad's birthday! Nobody loves their birthday as much as my dad so I definitely wanted to dedicate a blog to him today! He is the funniest, sweetest, most generous and patient dad on the planet. He is just something else.

One of the things that is the funniest and quirkiest things about my dad is his luck. He is truly the luckiest guy I know. It is so exciting to me when free stuff happens. In a world of bills, credit cards, bankruptcy, budgets, insurance, deductibles, and debt I like it when good people get stuff for free. Our friend Brice won a huge gift card the other day at work, Cody came home with a Walmart gift card from work, and our friend Mike and my dad are always on the radio winning prizes. Well, my dad is the king of randomly winning free stuff. I have a really funny, but long, story about how at a Cotton Kings game he won a round trip for two to Playa Del Carmen that ended up getting all 4 of us a free round trip the next year. 6 free trips to an awesome resort in Cancun! He is on the radio all the time winning random stuff.

Yesterday was no exception. He won a Christmas CD then he got entered in the big drawing for the big 12 Days of Christmas package. Later that day we won the big prize which included gift cards to Dillards, Lujanns, Cinemark Movies, the drive in, Ralphs Records and Tapes, House of Flowers, Copper Caboose, 6 month free gym membership and personal trainer, bookstores, and Village Hairstyles. It totals over $500.00! That guy! I am telling you, he is so lucky!

Happy Birthday, Dad. I hope you have many more years of winning random free stuff!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Big Rob!! His luck is really freakish. I feel that given the upcoming events, those gift certificates will come in handy! My mom has a friend like that who's won the lottery several times. It's insane. I don't win things, but Andy did get a ham from the pediatrics department--does that count?

mcjacobsjournal said...

That is too funny! Happy Birthday Rob!! He is the luckiest guy for more than one reason....I love your family so much!! And, how cool is it that you get to reap the rewards of free trips because of him!!

Looking forward to the big birthday of Carley!!! Good luck these last few days!!

Jennifer K said...

He IS always winning things! Who else really deserves it? Rob is such an outstanding guy! What a dad!

Shanta said...

WOW! Congrats and Happy Birthday Mr. Core! Let's all celebrate at Lujans- your treat!

Unknown said...

Didn't your dad clean it up on WHEEL OF FORTUNE one time? Tell us that story sometime.

I am still waiting to see that video.

Spruce said...

Matt beat me to it. How can you talk about your dad winning stuff and not mention Wheel...Of...Fortune. Happy Birthday to my favorite wheel contestant.

Ashley said...

I don't know why I left that off. Dad was a contestant and winner of a bedroom suite, 2 pimp diamond watches, a fridge and a gift certificate to Service merchandise on the puzzle "Happy-Go-Lucky". It fits. I can show you the video of him on Wheel, but not of the local news interviewing our family when I had a BIG per, Sally Jesse Raphael glasses, and large front teeth. You would never let me live it down!

Alyssa said...

Oh my goodness!!! I am so glad that you blogged about Dad!! Wheel of Fortune is the best, though- please don't forget we were both wearing Swatch watches and Coke shirts when the TV cameras came to our house :) Also, love that you added dad's pictoral directory pic...nice touch!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed