Monday, December 12, 2005

wrapping it all up

I am a little nostalgic today. It seems like the end of lots of things are upon the Nelson household. Today I want to give a little shout out to things that are coming to a close or have ended this month.
  • Girl's Bible Study- Every Monday night 9 of the most wonderful girls in the world have blessed me with thoughts, prayer, discussion, and laughter. Our Monday nights have been great. We read a book that really challenged me on some stuff called Creative Counterpart. Some chapters were better than others, but the time with my friends was wonderful every single week. Last week was our last one. It was such a blessing.
  • Child Birth Classes- Cody and I have been doing 5 weeks of child birth classes and this week is our last. It has been a really neat (and scary) experience. We have learned a lot about what to do, what not to do, how to care for our little one, and what to expect when she comes. The best part is they taught Cody how to give me really effective back rubs! Plus it has been a really special time for Cody and me.
  • End of the Fall semester- Next week will be one of the very busiest for me. The end of the semester means semester grades, credits, schedule changes for the fall, and all sorts of school fun. I can not believe the school year is half over. It has been a really good year and I am so blessed by my job. Plus I won't be back after the holidays because I will be on maternity leave, so I am about to go on a long hiatus.
  • The Deavers- This year we have been been blessed by a really amazing couple joining our class at church. Brian and Melissa are awesome and we have loved having them become part of our church family. They are moving to Austin soon to start Pharmacy school and get new jobs, a new place to live, and a new church family. They are a really special couple and we are going to miss them so much. (It's not too late to change your mind!!!)
  • End of just the two of us - Cody and I have had a really great fall together. We went on lots of dates to football games, movies, dinner, and just spent a lot of time together. It has been a really good time in our marriage. If Carley hasn't arrived on her own by the last week of Dec. My doctor scheduled a C Section and we are going to get her into this world! I can not begin to tell you how excited we are. She will be here in just a little over 2 weeks! But, it is the end of just Cody and me. I am so blessed to be a wife and my prayer is that we always prioritize our marriage. Here is to Coco- the best hubby in the world.

Last night was our class Christmas party. I had such a wonderful time. GREAT friend, GREAT food, and GREAT fellowship. Things like that always remind me why God set up the church. He knew we needed the body of Christ to be physical in our lives at times. He knew I would need hugs, laughter, tears, and the feeling of not being in the world alone. The support of our class is really amazing. I look forward to the new things the Spring will bring, new bible studies, new life lessons in parenting, a new semester at work, new friends, and a new baby.

What a blessed time times of transition are....

9 comments:

Shanta said...

YEAH!!! Endings only mean new beginnings dear one. 2 weeks? Holy cow....I'm ready! Are you?

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

What a great post! I can't believe little Carley will be here to greet us in only two weeks! Had fun cooking with you yesterday. :-)

Jennifer K said...

Why am I crying? Loved the post. I can't wait for Carley to get here. Don't forget our girls night out next Monday! One last outing before she gets here!!

Alyssa said...

I am so glad that you have had a fun fall! Times like that are precious... and i am glad that you enjoyed them.... BUT i can't wait for your next chapter... because it will be ALL about my new niece!!! YEA!!!!

Amy said...

Oh man! Your hormones really are in overdrive! Mine must be too because I'm nearly in tears! You left a few things off though--like the end of sleep, the end of attention for you, etc. You should ask your doc how long before Carley can go to a crowded Rosas. You don't want it to be the end of Taco Tuesday!!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet post, and I echo everybody to say that I can't wait to see pictures of little Carley! Enjoy Christmas and see lots of movies in these last 2 weeks!

April Carrasco said...

Two weeks from today you will be a mom. Can you believe it?!?

Anonymous said...

OMG! 2 weeks??!!! Crazy! I love you Ashley :) Even though you are crazy...but maybe thats why I love you :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ashley. I needed that :) I'm glad I am here with all of you in Lubbock...my second family. I am blessed to be able to use Mimi's friends as my own :O)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed