Thursday, April 27, 2006

Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This....

Let me start off by saying I am a very blessed person. I know this blog is going to be whiney. I will probably end up deleting it. I just feel the need to be whiney in blog land today.

Here are all the things that make me sad/worried (depending on the situation) today. I am having a rotten week. Here is why:

  • My amazing and wonderful assistant at work is named Jennifer. She is a dear friend and absolutely the kind of person you want working for and with you. An answered prayer for her and her family is that she has been offered at least one teaching job for next year. This will more than DOUBLE what she makes for me. She will do a great job in the classroom. Selfishly, I am so sad. She will be so hard to replace.
  • One of my bosses is leaving. He is going to be doing something that is awesome for him and the institution he will be working for next year. He is one of those guys who really makes you believe that you are good at what you do. He has become a dear friend of mine. I am so happy for his new opportunity, but I am going to miss him so much. I have been really bummed about losing these two all week.
  • My sweet mom has a bacterial infection somewhere in her digestive tract. She is so sick! They have her on meds soon. Her fever went up all the way to 103 this afternoon. She has felt awful. I can't see her or check on her because I can't pass it on to my little buddy Carley.
  • Mom is supposed to have Carley tomorrow. Cody is at the station. I am presenting at 3 elementaries tomorrow and there is no way to take off. SO, my buddy Carley is coming to work with me for the day and my assistant, Jennifer, is going to go with me all day and help take care of Carley. NUTS! It is going to be NUTS! There is no telling when she is going to be wonderful or fussy, so basically I am at the mercy of a 4 month old. It may go great tomorrow or it may bomb! Why this week?
  • My sweet Cody has been at the station or at class every night this week except for Wednesday when we were at church. We haven't been at home together awake for more than 1 hour any day. It has been so hard on both of us.

I know these are trivial things to gripe about, so don't feel sorry for me. I am just fussy. This week is almost over and things will be better soon.

One word is on my mind....summer...summer....summer

I want to hear what your gripe is today...

6 comments:

leslie said...

The button on my favorite pair of black pants popped off this morning. (Great self-esteem booster) But did I take them off, or sew a new button on? No. I have a paper clip that is keeping the flap down.

I'm sorry about your bummer week. I will say a quick prayer for you today!!

Caroline said...

Sorry to hear about your crummy week. I wish I had known about your work delimma. I would have happily taken off work to watch Carley! :) Thank Goodness it's Friday! Have a good weekend.

Phillips Family said...

I feel your pain about losing a great teaching assistant. I had the same teachers aide for three years and she became my closet friend at work. She made coming to work fun and we handled some pretty rotten kid-situations together. Last year she took the position as the office secretary. It was hard to let her go, but the new job was better for her financially and emotionally. Besides I was trying to get pregnant at the time and knew I likely wouldn't be returning to work once I had the baby. It was hard to work without her last year!

I liked how you called Carley your "buddy." I sometimes refer to Isaac as "friend." Perhaps it is the teacher still lurking in me.

Hope today went well and Carley was the perfect student. Perhaps things will start looking up once that 3pm dismissal bell rings!

Lisa Renee said...

Its Friday when I am reading this and I am saying a prayer for you right now.............I know how that is to have a little one with you and be nervous of how they might be. I hope you can enjoy the weekend with your hubby. I also know how that is with my excessive traveling one! I hope today brings you some peace.

Cortni said...

Ashley...
You are the coolest! I am sorry if I sent a contrary message by not commenting :)

One thing I left off of Braden's milestones is...he found his feet! I don't know if Carley has or not...but I didn't think Braden ever would because of the fat between his hands and feet...but his toes are his new favorite toy!

My gripe...today we went to pick up Adam's new glasses (mostly for night wear). We paid for them a week ago, so we just had to pick them up today. Unfortunately, when we were folding up the stroller, they apparently fell out and we didn't notice...we went back, but couldn't find them. Oh well...such is life, right!?!

Unknown said...

My gripe of the day is that I spilled baby food carrots and beef on both my jeans and shirt. Please note that I did this myself and that Jackson can in no way be blamed.

How did your day at school with Carley go?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed