Monday, May 08, 2006

A Case For Blogs and other random thoughts

The debate on whether or not blogs are good for you has been a topic of discussion and posts around me lately. Well, I have the answer today. Last week I posted about Blue Bell Peanut Butter and Jelly ice cream. I would still be wondering if it was good or disgusting if it weren't for blogs. Jenn K. bought some, tried it, and posted her thoughts on her blog. I didn't have to buy it, I could just get an answer from a trusted source. That right there is my justification for blogs.

Onto other updates, my laryngitis is gone. Cody is well too. The retreat was great this weekend. It is always a joy to spend time with my friends and other ladies in the church. It reminds me of why we need the body of Christ. I was blessed to spend time with women older than me and younger ( I guess only Sara and Kristin are younger :) ). Good times.

Now, I am ready to discuss and hear your thoughts on TV again.
Grey's Anatomy: I am glad Meredith and George are speaking. That made the episode for me. I did not like the fight between Meredith and Derek in the stair way. I think they do better in elevators. She is right to say what she did. Where do you think the show is going to go with these characters. I am a huge fan of McVet. He looks like he might be a good character. I think that Meredith will move on with McVet and be very happy. I also think Derek and Addison will fall a part and then it will be Derek's turn to be sad and Meredith's turn to be unavailable. I don't know though. Any thoughts on last night's episode?

Desperate Housewives: Andrew Van De Camp may be the most ruthless character on TV. I thought Edie was totally out of line as well. It was a weird night. What do you think is going on with Lynette and Tom?

One last thing: I rented Brokeback Mountain and watched it on Saturday. I need to process it more before I can blog about it. Right now, all I can say is that I didn't enjoy it for a lot of reasons. It was maybe the most depressing movie, on several levels, that I have seen in a long time. Did anyone else feel that way?

Okay, the bell just rang, I am back to work.

7 comments:

Me said...

Ash... what the heck are you doing on the computer at 5:45 am? :) That is the time I leave for work. Yep... WAY too early! I agree that blogs are good for you... I couldn't keep up with friends like you if it weren't for blogs. (OK, I could, but this way takes so much less effort and is so much more immediate!) P.S. Have you heard about our class reunion? Somehow I've been put in charge... ???

Shanta said...

Brokeback broke me. Downer movie in so many ways.

Unknown said...

Hey girl- I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on Brokeback....we haven't seen it yet. I wish I could have heard you guys speak this weekend! I'm sure you were incredible.

April Carrasco said...

Brokeback Mountain . . . Besides the already contraversial topic, I thought the acting was lousy and the movie was slow.

I have got to start watching all of these TV shows. I feel so out of the loop.

Amy said...

Brokeback...sad, depressing, but really pretty scenery. I think I'll plan a trip there. Michelle Williams' character was the best and most tragic. I didn't think the movie was about homosexuality at all really, besides the obvious point that it caused their relationship to be forbidden. It was just a depressing "love" story and I never like those.

Jennifer K said...

I have had the same worries about blogland. But I love the updates on everyone.

When are you coming over for a bowl of PBJ?

I have not seen Brokeback and it's not in my plans! :)

Anonymous said...

I also rented & watched Brokeback this weekend. Very disturbing & depressing to me. Looking forward to reading your thoughts about the movie...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed