Thursday, May 04, 2006

Silent for Once

Well, I have laryngitis, so for once in my life I am silent. I know. You might think the world is going to come to a stop, but my voice is getting better and I will be chattering before you know it. Carley keeps looking at me like, "You are that loud lady that is always talking to me. Why are you quiet?" It is cute.

Here are the pros and cons of laryngitis:

-PROS-
- my cell phone battery has not gone to "low" since this started
- I got on a nifty t antibiotic that is helping a ton
- My AWESOME mom came over last night and packed Carley and I up and we went to her house for the night. She took the monitor! Last night was my first night since Carley's birth not to have the baby monitor next to my head. I went to sleep at 9:30 and woke up well rested at 6:30. AWESOME! I love my mom!
- People at work are leaving me alone because I can't talk. Only those that really need me or my friends that care are popping in. I like it.
- I am wearing my "Drama Queen" t - shirt today to emphasize my sickness. If my voice can't be loud, then at least my shirt can be loud!

- CONS-
- I feel like someone came in and scraped my throat up with a fork.
- I cough up gunk
- I can't return important phone calls.
- I can't sing to Carley.
- (This one will freak most of you out) Amy B. and I are speaking at the Women's Retreat this weekend. I know, "What were they thinking, asking those two to do two 40 minute sessions?" I am so afraid that my voice will be back and strong by then. Amy has offered to let me sit on her lap like a puppet and speak for me. If you knew that Amy was barely over 5 feet, this would make you laugh harder.

Any way, silence is golden my friends. Make sure you are taking your vitamin C!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Wow--I've never had it but it sounds nasty. Maybe I will fake it so I can get someone to take my baby monitor. I'm glad you got a lot of sleep last night. Charlie didn't go down till midnight and then was up every hour. Good times. I'm still willing for you to sit on my lap--that's what love is afterall!

Shanta said...

Remember that time we played chicken with Amy and Holly? That was funny.

Jennifer K said...

What is up with you and Jonathan getting so sick? I hope that you are feeling better quickly. Have fun on your retreat! I would love to hear y'all speak. It will be a real treat! Take care of yourself.

Caroline said...

I'm sorry you are sick. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Ashley, I've had the exact same stuff this week! It lasted a full week for me, but I never got any of those nifty antibiotics that I probably needed...Anyway, I feel your pain. Not talking is tough!! And, not singing to your babies is the worst of it. Kendyll was SOOOO excited that I could finally sing her bedtime songs last night! I hope you feel better fast!

Katie said...

I love the ventriloquist act! If that happens, please take pictures!

Phillips Family said...

Not being in charge of the baby monitor is such a wonderful feeling!

I hope your voice returns soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better today! :)

Robby and Lynsey said...

I so wish I was there to hear you speak at the ladies' retreat!! (Well - the ventriloquist act would be equally great!) Hope you feel better soon!

Robby and Lynsey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed