Saturday, March 17, 2007

Spring BREAK

Spring Break is the perfect title for my week. For the first time in a long time, we spent Spring Break in Lubbock. Normally we spend a lot of time traveling and doing fun things (or being in weddings) but this year, we just stayed put. Both of us were off this week. We are working on some things at our house, so I spent a lot of time on that type of stuff, but mostly, I just hung out.

I also got to spend some time with friends I normally don't get to see. Carley and I spent Monday morning with Jenn and Elise riding around in the rain and eating at Bueno. Tuesday, Summer and Ethan came over to play. Since they live in Abilene, this is a rare treat. Tuesday night Carley started getting sick and that is how she spent the rest of the week. She has the junk going around and it is so sad to see someone that small with such a big cough. Thursday we went to dinner with our friends the Simpsons and we all went to see Cirque "Jungle Fantasy" which was pretty cool and impressive (especially for Lubbock) The rest of the time we were just here hanging out. I took a nap every day and cooked every day which was a rare treat!

Carley does 2 funny things right now that I have to talk about quickly. One of them is that she says, "Amen". If you say "In Jesus's name" she finishes the prayer for you. It is so cute. She also raises her hand (like you do in "If you're Happy and You Know It") at the end of the prayers too. Also, when Cody and I are play fighting I always hit my fists together like Monica and Ross did on "Friends" when they were fighting to tell each other off. Carley apparently has seen me do this and has started doing this when she walks in the room sometimes. Oops.

I am well rested and ready to start back (or as ready as you can get) on Monday. How many more weeks until Summer Vacation?

3 comments:

Robby and Lynsey said...

That is absolutely hysterical! I LOVE all three... amen, hands up, and telling people off with her fists!! I wish I could see it all in person. ;)

Jennifer K said...

I love that Carley is doing "the sign". And the "amen" is the sweetest thing! I loved that I got to hear her say it! We had so much fun in the downpour with y'all. We need to walk soon!

Caroline said...

Glad to hear you had such a restful week. The Carley-isms are so cute. I hope she is feeling better.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed