Friday, July 27, 2007

Our Week

I have so much to say and then nothing important to say at the same time. Ever feel like that? Here is where the Nelsons are these days I guess. I am just trying to hang on to Summer as long as I can. I only have a week and a half left and I am trying to truly savor each moment. So here are stories about how I have been filling my time.

In Utah I had a blast and worked hard too. The coolest thing to tell about is the afternoon we went to Olympic Park. It was amazing. My camera was broken and I am still waiting from pictures from friends to post so you just have to take my word for it. My favorite part was that my friends Jill, Gina, and I did the Olympic bobsled course! It was one of the best 59.8 seconds of my life. How many people can say they went down the actual Olympic track? It was a ride like no other. We went down in actual Olympic bobsleds with acutal Olympic drivers. We also went on Alpine sleds and Alpine coasters. It was super fun.
On the way home, I read Harry Potter 7. It was AWESOME! The series was really interesting to me and just drew me in. At the end of book 7 one of the characters says that is just trying to take it in...the whole scope and traged of it all. That is how I felt as well. It was a great story.
Wednesday, Carley and Charlie had a date at Jump N Jungle. Carley had such a blast. She is such a fun age and I love to watch her get excited. She just squeals and squeals or starts clapping and saying "YAY Carley". It melts my heart. You can see the fun in the pictures below.
Thursday night we had a family date to On The Border and then to the drive in to see Hairspray. It was really entertianing. I had no idea it really wasn't about hair. The cast was outstanding. It was really cute.
The main things on my mind these days are babies and pregnancies. A girl from work had a baby two weeks ago at 23 weeks. Little Zane is doing as well as he can be for being so early. As always it seems, I have friends who want to be pregnant and are not yet. It breaks my heart. At the same time I was able to hold my new friend Conley who was born last Friday. He is a handsome, healthy baby boy with the sweetest little face who made it to 39 weeks! I am looking forward to meeting my other sweet new friend Kellan on Monday. His mommy has made it a whole 9 months this time! What a miracle pregnancy and babies can be.
The news on the family front is that my sister sold her house! We have been praying for this for so long! I am so happy for them. Too bad they aren't looking for new homes in Lubbock!


Here is my big Jumping girl.



Have you seen this poor, sweet boy's parents? Don't worry, Charlie. I'll make sure you don't get kidnapped.


Oh, there they are....look at the neglect. (I do think Amy beat Andy in the basketball shoot off though)


4 comments:

Marcia said...

I just got home from seeing Hairspray with some girlfriends. We all really enjoyed it. John Travolta was too funny. How did you get Cody to go to it?
Babies and pregnancy fill a lot of my thoughts these days too. I wonder why? I think every day I feel more and more thankful to God for finally answering our prayers for a baby with a "now" not a "keep waiting". It is so hard to see people struggle for years and years for a baby when in comparison it didn't take us that long.

Amy said...

Hey, it's never too early to teach kids a little independence. Oh, and I always beat Andy at the basketball shooting games. It's a gift. I LOVED when Carley would find me and laugh and say "AMY!". She makes me happy!

Ashley said...

We are about 5 hours South of the Salt Lake City area. We've been wanting to get up to Olympic Park but haven't had the time yet. I'm glad you had a blast.
Ashley

angie c said...

I just looked at your blog two seconds before you left a comment on mine. I can say the same about yours. She is so cute and growing so fast! I'm glad y'all are doing well.

I'm going to start the Harry Potter series soon. I've been reading very heavy books lately and it's time for something different. I'm sure I'll love them all.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed