Thursday, October 04, 2007

Carley's First Visit to the ER

Tonight was a sad first in the Nelson home. Cody and I were sitting on the couch and Carley was playing in Cody's lap. She jumped out of his lap and landed wrong on her foot. We were afraid she broke her ankle or leg. She was crying SO loud and couldn't walk on her foot or put any weight on it at all. So we took her to the ER. 3 1/2 hours later we found out she sprained her ankle. She was so good in the ER and waited really well for a one year old. My sweet mom came up there with us and helped entertain Carley. It took a village.... The saddest part of all was her X-Ray. I am not sure I have ever heard her cry like that. Both Cody and I had to hold her down. It was so sad. Anyway, she is feeling better and I am praying for a restful night. We are so thankful for a sprained ankel and not something worse.

That being said, I am just now watching Grey's and the Office tonight. I will post another TV update later

9 comments:

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Oh, how scary! Glad she is okay, though. X-Ray's are so scary for little ones!!

Phillips Family said...

Poor thing! I hope it heals quickly!

Caroline said...

How scary- for baby, Mom, Dad and Nana. I hope she is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

What?!!! I hope that she has a speedy recovery!! Bless y'alls hearts!

Carolyn said...

Poor Carley! Sprained ankles are so painful. I hope she feels better very soon.

Stephanie Torresi said...

I am sooooo sorry! I hope for a speedy recovery. Huge hugs to all of you!

Kelli Marchbanks said...

Glad to hear she is okay. The ER is never a fun place with little ones!

Erica said...

Poor baby:( We will be praying for some fast healing.

Tiffany said...

Poor sweet Carley! Give her a hug and kiss for me!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed