Saturday, October 06, 2007

Weekly Recap

First of all, thanks for the warm wishes on Carley's behalf. She is doing much better, in fact she is hardly limping at all. She is playing like a champ and enjoys just a little Motrin every now and then.

Also, keep praying for our friend, Bennett Speck. Miracles are happening to him daily and we know that all of these miracles happen because of our amazing Heavenly Father!

So on to TV..

Private Practice - I watch it, but I am not in love with it. I do love Taye Diggs and Naomi, but I am sad that I have a feeling he will sleep with the blond dr. from the hospital before they rekindle their relationship. Also, Addison was whiney and her hair looked weird. Tim Daly is charming and so it Taye. I will keep watching for a little longer before I decide. Thoughts?

The Office - Really funny. My favorite parts were Creed being 29, Kelly faking her pregnancy, and Michael driving into the lake. I also loved the Pam and Jim stuff which I will for sure refer to as PB & J. (from last week) I think Karen will be back before too long because her name keeps being mentioned.

Grey's - Loved the addiction theme. The story of the Crystal Meth explosion was really good. I love Alex kissing the sweet little boy. It makes you wonder what Alex's family is like. I really like the stronger character of Mark Sloan. He is really great and I find myself smiling when he is on screen. He is so cute and charming. Mer and Der. I am addicted to them just like Derek is. Just when I thought they were going to be cute and happy for a few episodes, Mer is weird and he shows no backbone. I am still rooting for them, I am just wanting them to be healthier.

Friday Night Lights - Last night was really good. I LOVE Landry and I am worried what will happen to him. I am ready for the coach to come back. Also, looks like Matt and Julie have a long road ahead of them. Lyla's prayer was at the table was really funny too. I just really like this show.

Finally - CHUCK- People, you need to start watching Chuck. It is funny and creative and clean. It is really good. Cody and I both think it is our favorite of the new season. Have you watched it?

Heroes was good, but I don't understand enough of it to comment.

Any shows I missed?

8 comments:

Nicole said...

I watch most of the ones you mentioned, but I'll only comment on two.

I have watched both episodes of Chuck and I don't love it. I'm sorry, it has not hooked me yet. I like the character of Chuck, but I wish they could play up his quirkiness and intelligence. All the action just seems to revolve around him rather than him being the lead. We'll keep watching, but I don't know how much longer.

Friday Night Lights was AWESOME. I'm so glad it's back on. I can't even tell you what was my favorite heart-wrenching part because I loved it all. I love the coach, how are they going to bring him back? Has Riggins gone off the deep end? Why were Tyra and Landry out at 12:30? Didn't their parents ever tell them that nothing good happens after midnight? And all of that is just the tip of the iceberg. These writers are so good to make compelling stories for each character on that show!

Nicole said...

OK. I'm the second comment and the second Nicole. Ha. We are opposites of each other is seems. I don't watch ANY of these. Which is CRAZY cause I watch a LOT of tv. Just not these shows. Now Heroes I DO watch and it is a favorite. I'm wondering what you don't understand. I need just a few minutes with you and you'd be good. :) Just keep watching maybe.

What about Damages or Saving Grace??

kunami10 said...

Yes, not sure about Private Practice either...but am sure about Taye Diggs...don't know why I like him so much...maybe the smile??? A little sad for Naomi though - I so wanted her to just go talk to him there at the end!

As for Grey's...George is making me so mad! I feel horrible for Dr. Bailey...she so deserved that job and Cailey is awful at it. I couldn't figure out the thing with McSteamy. Did he really come to Seattle for Derek and not Addison? I think he has some sneaky secret plan he's cooking up with the being nice to Derek stuff. And there's Derek and Meredith. That whole thing is weird to me too. I just don't understand it. And that's all I have to say about that. :-)

Kelli said...

I totally agree about Chuck! We really like it too! The Office has been fabulous so far this season. I hope Karen doesn't come back, but you are probably right. Glad Carley's okay and hope you have a great week! :)

Sara said...

Hi, I'm a new reader. :) I'm glad your daughter is okay! I'm keeping Bennett in my prayers.

TV shows - Private Practice is pretty good, I have to keep my attention on the show vs. comparing it to Grey's Anatomy though.

We watch Prison Break, Carpoolers and Boston Legal. Oh and Numbers and CSI's. Besides that we seem to have the same shows. :)

Friday Night Lights is still wonderful, I love how they use the camera in the show. I'm sure I'm the only one on the planet that wanted the creepy guy to die, I'm a bad person.

Shanta said...

Ah! I'm just catching up to the news of Carley's sprain! I'm so sorry to hear the little one hurt herself! Well, the first ER visit is over and done and you guys survived beautifully. Congratulations. Give her a hug from us.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Carley's sprain! Poor baby! Kids always seem to heal more quickly than us old folks do. : )

I haven't watched Private Practice yet. Maybe I will watch a few episodes online, but I miss Addison at Seattle Grace!

Boone and I were noticing how much things have changed on Grey's since season one where you hated Alex but loved George and Izzy. Now we love Alex and get mad everytime George and Izzy are onscreen. I am still rooting for Derek and Meredith also. I told Boone after watching Alex with the baby that I think he is probably a good dad. I think he has like 5 kids in real life.

I have recently become addicted to Heroes. Actually Sunday night was the night I finished watching season 1 and watched the first two episodes of season 2, so I was excited to watch it tonight. Anyway, I think they will start piecing things together soon. I read some spoilers (which will not spoil anything for you), and they are going to do an episode soon titled "The Last Four Months." It should be interesting to see what went on! Also, I hope that the painting from the end of tonight's show doesn't happen!

Dana said...

I forgot about you weekly show updates! I missed them! I'm just watching Office, Grey's, Friday Night Lights, Criminal Minds, CSI Vegas, and New York.
'Just' those...and James makes me watch Survivor every now and then, usually I sleep.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed