Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Big 3-0!








Today is my 30th Birthday! The BIG 3-0! How did it come so quickly?

I had a WONDERFUL weekend. I am so blessed to have such great family and friends. On Friday, the girls from church took Amy B. and I to Abuelos for our 30th birthdays. It was so fun to have some girl time! :) I am so mad I did not get a picture of everyone there though! Then a few of us went and saw Definitely, Maybe at the movies. It was cute and something I had really wanted to see! When I got home about midnight that night, I came in to the sounds of my sweet husband with the stomach bug. I had the bug on Thursday and I guess I gave it to him for Friday. The sweet boy didn't even call me to tell me he was sick because he didn't want to mess up my girls bday night! What a sweetie! Luckily he felt better the next morning.

On Saturday my parents kept Carley so Cody and I could go to lunch at Cheddars and then to go see Vantage Point. (I liked it alot. It was unique and entertaining.) We had fun just being together and then my parents kept Carley for an extra hour so I could go take a NAP! YAY!!!!! After my wonderful nap, we met Cody's special family, the Spann's for birhtday dinner at Carinos. They were so sweet. Cody surprised me with a big cookie cake for dessert! It was so fun. I had such a good time with these sweet people.

Then Sunday morning Carley sang me the sweetest rendition of Happy Birthday. Cody had prepped her so well! We went to church and got to see so many of my sweet friends and family friends and was wished Happy Birthday by so many people I love. Also, today was Baby Blessing Day. It warmed my heart to see so many special babies there that I had prayed for and loved that God blessed us with this year! Right after class I was in the auditorium, just chatting with my friends when someone told me I needed to go in hallway. They looked concerned so I went. I looked up and saw my sister and my nieces! They had flew in and surprised me for my birthday! Tears started coming down my face. It was SO great to have them here and especially fun with a surprise! We went to Rosas and ate with my parents and then went over to mom and dad's for birthday cake! My mom made the MOST delicious strawberry cake ever! Then I got to open presents! Cody gave me an IPOD and my parents gave me a beautiful pearl drop necklace. My sister gave me all sorts of fun scrapbooking stuff, a new purse, lip gloss, and took me to see The Other Boleyn Girl. (It was a hard movie to watch, but VERY interesting). Then we went to Texas Roadhouse for a yummy dinner. After dinner we went back to my parents where my mom had ordered a cupcake tree full of cupcakes! My niece, Lauren, was especially excited about all the birthday surprises she had pulled off.

It was such a wonderful weekend. Did you notice 3 good movies at the theater, 5 delicious meals out, and 3 different desserts! , So many of you sweet bloggers sent cards, gift cards, jewelry (the year of the accessory), emails, ecards, text messages, and voice mails! Thanks for reading this long email and making my 30th bday so special!

25 comments:

Carissa said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great weekend!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday! What a fabulous birthday! I am so glad it was good. You deserve it! Have a great week!

Marcia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That sounded like such a fun weekend of celebrating. Hope the rest of your year is just as great.

melissa deaver said...

YAY! Happy 30th!!

cmjj said...

We love you! You deserved an extra-special birthday!!!!!

April Carrasco said...

So glad you had a great 30th birthday! I am so glad that Alyssa and the girls came in and surprised you.

Nicole said...

Sounds like you had a great b-day!!! Happy 30th!!!

Allison said...

WOW! Now that is what I call a Birthday weekend!!! What special friends and family you have!!!

Happy Birthday!!

Jennifer K said...

What fun!!! That is the way to celebrate!

Phillips Family said...

WOW!!! What a great birthday....just shows how much everyone loves you! Glad your weekend was awesome!

Jodi said...

I did think of you yesterday! I DID! But as a horrible friend would do, I forgot to call. Bad, bad friend. But I am SO glad you had an entire weekend celebration for the big 30! YAY! I especially love that your sister and kids came... how very thoughtful. I loooove you and am glad you had an extra special extravaganza!!

JB said...

Happy Birthday! You had the best birthday weekend ever!

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th! You are obviously one special girl to have so many celebrations!! Glad you enjoyed a fun weekend!

Lisa Renee said...

Well happy belated birthday sweet girl! Let me just say, and I REALLY do mean this in LOTS of ways... it just gets better from here (30)!!!!! I hit your milestone four years ago and these have been the best years of my life!!! Sounds like such a fun time and I am glad you were able to enjoy yourself with friends and family- that is just the best!

Shanta said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate! Food and movies are the best. :) Happy Birthday dear friend. I'm so glad it was so special. Cool surprise by Alyssa!

summer said...

30 looks great on you! Happy Birthday, sweet friend!

Kristen OQ said...

Happy Birthday! I had known about the Alyssa surprise for awhile, so I was happy to read it really was a big surprise!!! Sounds like the perfect weekend to turn 30! Welcome to the club...;)

Caroline said...

Happy 30th! Glad it was great!

Amy said...

I can't believe we're 30!

Kelli Marchbanks said...

HAPPY HAPPY! Wow, sounds like you raked it in! Glad it was a great one!

Alyssa said...

YEA!!! I am so glad that we were able to surprise you!! It was such a fun day and a half with you and Cody and Carley! We love you-

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like it was the perfect weekend.

Mark said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM THE TAYLOR FAMILY!!! 30, EH? WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE. :) HOPE YOU GOT TO CELEBRATE IN FINE FASHION!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday! Getting the chance to see 3 movies sounds wonderful!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful few days!

The M Family said...

happy belated birthday ashley!!! mine will be here before i know it!! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed