Tuesday, April 01, 2008

27 months




These are Carley's 27 month/Easter pictures. Where does the time go? All I can tell you is that we adore Carley. She loves her parents, her family, her books, her Bible, her songs, her stories, and her little world. We are so blessed to be her parents. Lately Cody and I have had lots and lots of questions about the future. 2008 has been a roller coaster of emotions for us and strong feelings of anger, doubt, and worry have been balanced by strong feelings of joy, faith, and relief. The one constant for us is that we know we were called to parent our little girl to the best of our ability.

This song is called "Elliana's Song". It is by Watermark. Anyone who is a mom to a daughter needs to listen to it. It is amazing and it really sums up how I feel about being a mom to Carley.

Here are the lyrics:

Baby woman, tiny in stature now
But your heart is a treasure
Little princess come follow behind me now
I am reaching for you

(chorus)
Elliana, God has answered my prayers
Elliana, God will conquer my fears
To mother a daughter, to look you in the eye
To know that I had everything, to walk with you in life
To give you to Jesus that He would impart
The wisdom that I'm longing for to mother your heart
Elliana, God has answered my prayers

There will be others to lead and to guide you girl
But only one you'll call Mother, the honor is all mine
To show you what a woman's like
I'm so glad you're mine

(chorus)

Tenderness of God is twirling around
In our living room tonight
Lighten up your daddy's eyes
And know that he just wants to freeze you in time

(chorus)

20 comments:

Noel Green said...

Ashley, these are just great!
The last one of her standing is just precious.

I don't know your specific struggles or where the roller coaster started (or ended) for you; but I will be praying for you and your family to have grace in your all your times of need and plenty.

Love,
Celeste

Caroline said...

Carley is just beautiful! I hope 2008 becomes smooth sailing from here. You and your family are in my prayers!

Alyssa said...

What awesome pictures... you better be packing some in your suitcase for Aunt Alyssa! I love that song too... I totally need to download it...
love you!

Jennifer K said...

You know my thoughts and feelings. I love Miss Carley. She is beautiful! Just like her momma!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! Carly's hair looks so cute in her ponytail with those sweet little ringlets! I will be praying for your family.

Unknown said...

I love you.

cmjj said...

Ash, I love the pictures. Carley is an angel just like her mother!! I will keep you in my prayers. I love you dearly!

JB said...

What a beautiful gilr! Love all the curls!

JB said...

ooops - girl

Tiffany said...

Those pictures turned out beautifully! I love that sweet girl (and her parents, too)!

Jennifer said...

What a precious girl, we miss our Carley and her Mama too!

Jodi said...

Oh, what a precious gift she is!! That sweet smile, spirit, and curly locks... just awesome.

Love you! Praying with your sweet family...

Shanta said...

She is too cute. We miss her!

Amy said...

Who's that big kid??? I love her!

The Speck family said...

Carley is sooooo precious Ashley- what a little doll. I am so behind in blogging, but please know I have thought of you so often and have appreciated ALL your prayers and love along Bennett's journey. We love you! K, T & B

Lisa Renee said...

What a beautiful song!

I love that side view picture of Carley with her little bun kissing the bunny! So precious.

Saying some prayers for you and your family.......

Kelli said...

LOVE IT! Love the pics, love the song, love it ALL! You are so precious. Thanks for sharing how much you love your sweet little girl, she is blessed to have a great mama like you!

Proud Parents said...

Precious, Precious pictures! Beautiful post.

Leah J. said...

What a precious song! Carley is just beautiful!!! Time does fly with little ones ... I am trying to soak in every minute with Casen! I pray that the roller coaster of life slows down for you guys.

The M Family said...

sweet song and lyrics!! carley is blest to have you as her mommy most definitely!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed