Saturday, November 08, 2008

The Mountains We Can't Climb

Tonight Cody and I went on a double date to the Mercy Me and Bebo Norman concert. It was AWESOME. Both of us were brought to tears several times. The worship was just wonderful.

Bebo had the audience sing "I Will Lift My Eyes" and it was so powerful. Just like so many, I am praying for and daily thinking of some sweet babies that are either awaiting God's healing, in the middle of the healing, or rejoicing over being healed. These children have such a special place in my heart. Brooklyn, Kanyon, Trevor, Ella, Bennett, Garrett and Kathryn, Elise, and others are on my mind daily like I know they are on so many of yours as well. I also am so mindful of those of you, who like us, are longing for a child and feel no answer to your prayers.

"I will lift my eyes to the Maker
of the mountains I can't climb
I will lift my eyes to the Calmer
of the oceans raging wild
I will lift my eyes to the Healer
of the hurt I hold inside
I will lift my eyes, lift my eyes to You"

"God, my God, I cry out
Your beloved needs You now"

9 comments:

Jennifer K said...

I am so glad you got to go to this concert! Thanks for thinking of my baby. Love you!

Kelli said...

Thanks for sharing this, what a wonderful song!

Sarah J. said...

That one's of my all-time favorites too. They did a concert in North Austin, but it was right after Holden was born. We would have loved to have gone. I'm sure it amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah

Shannon Dial said...

love bebo - his new album rocks! where was the concert?

Jodi said...

Bless you, sweet friend. :)

The Pruetts said...

I am always so uplifted from music. I am really sorry that you are longing for a child right now. I did not know that. This is a time when your faith grows stronger because he is all that you can lean on besides your spouse and family. We will be praying for you! By the way Kam and I are going to see HSM 3 on Tuesday night after the babies go to sleep. Wish you could join us!

Caroline said...

You are in my prayers. Love you friend.

Amy said...

Praying for you, friend. I wish I could make everything better.

Elizabeth Mai said...

Thank you for sharing this Ashley. I will regularly pray for you and Cody and your desire for another little one!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed