Sunday, February 14, 2010

Big Sister Date and Valentine Weekend

Here are my little Valentines



Friday was Carley's Valentines party. They had a huge party and dance at their school. The kids could dress up or wear normal clothes, whatever they wanted. They played music like YMCA, Hokey Pokey, Chicken Dance, and stuff like that. What was my daughter doing? Yes, my little fairy tale lover was SLOW DANCING in the corner with her boyfriend K. I just about died. I tell you, Carley loves a good romance!! Sheesh! All the others were running ramped in the middle, but not my girl.
That night we took Carley on a big sister date. Corey stayed with my mom and we took Carley to Bueno, where we had a preshow meal with the Kings, and then to see the Disney Live Road Show. She LOVED it! It was SO fun and so cute! Carley loved the attention and the time alone with both of her parents. She did miss her brother too, which was sweet. :) She was in awe of the show. There was the Mickey Mouse gang, Tigger, the Cinderella crew, and the stars of Toy Story. Carley loved it and especially loved all the confetti at the end.
The next morning we went to IHOP with my folks and began a really sweet family day. Lots of playing and cuddling with both kids. Cody surprised us with a cake from COLD STONE!!! He also gave me a new Willow Tree angel that I love and he bought Carley one too. :) And my sweet mom brought be a baggie of the white conversation hearts, which are my favorite.
That afternoon we went to the Tech Men's Basketball game against A&M with the Simpsons. We all love that sweet family, but Carley and Hudson are really funny together. She LOVES that kid. Parker and Corey were good troopers through all the noise.

Then about 11:00 that night Corey woke up SCREAMING! He never cries and he literally cried ALL night. Poor baby had a tummy ache and we did everything we knew to do. He didn't sleep more than 20 minutes all night until about 6:30 am when he finally pooped. It was SO sad and really exhausting for Cody and I too. Then Carley woke up sick. She had a low fever and a horrible sore throat. We missed church and waited for the clinic to open. Sweet girl had a sinus infection that was pretty strong. The rest of the day was spent in our pjs.

It was a great weekend, but I sure am tired! Glad my kiddos are better and SO very thankful for my Valentine, Cody. It was not the most romantic of weekends, but it was a great reminder of love and being there for our family and for each other. Cody makes each day brighter.

3 comments:

Jennifer K said...

I am sorry y'all were sick on the end of such a great weekend! What fun y'all had. And I am SOOOO jealous you got a coldstond cake--come on! Where was the invite??!!

Anonymous said...

You are wonderful.

Alyssa said...

That Carley CRACKS me up!!!! love you all!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed